We are continuing our series that gives back to the industry answering the question, “What does a fractional CIO do?” and each article will outline a specific service offering of Outsourced CIO LLC in the day and the life of a fractional CIO. Some call this “virtual” Chief Information Officer or “fractional” CIO (we prefer fractional as the “vCIO” term has become a buzzword and misleading – see our FAQ on this). Because the fractional CIO creates value for growing businesses who might not otherwise be able to afford a Chief Information Officer, our topic for today is “Personal Productivity Enablement for Executives”
This is can be an annual project or service estimated 6-8 hours.
Deliverable: A list of viable and generic solutions readily available to enhance productivity and streamline operations.
Description: Given the vast diversity of methods and tools available (perhaps free and in use) to your team, this has enormous potential to elevate an individual’s or your team’s agility and productivity. Adopting the use of their favorite apps, combined with training for the less tech-savvy on leveraging tools can be a motivational and team-building exercise.
The “Personal Productivity Enablement Project” does this. The goal is to analyze the work, tools, software, and applications of busy individuals and managers who are at the bottlenecks of the company. Give recommendations for automation, better tools, applications, and cloud-based integrations, implement free or cheap solutions and make education and coaching available to these people. Remember the goals are:
- to analyze the work, tools, software, and applications of busy individuals and managers who are (or are at) the bottlenecks of the company,
- to give recommendations for automation, better tools, applications, and cloud-based integrations, and
- to implement free or cheap solutions, and make available the necessary education and coaching for enhanced productivity
- 15-Quick win One-Pagers (marketing)
- PPEE To-Do List Template
- Personal Productivity Enablement – Kickoff Meeting Memo
- Personal Productivity Enablement – Short List Presentation Memo
- *Email us if you would like a copy of these template (s).
That’s is it! That is what a fractional CIO does. Have a tech-stress free day from Outsourced CIO LLC, where we demystify technology for growing businesses.
*Extra resource reinforcing the topic area is below. Disclaimer, resources/links are not necessarily endorsing the products, goods, and services of the author and should not be construed as an Official OCIO endorsement of said resource/vendor.